- Over ten years of experience as a writer and editor
- Highly motivated and committed
- Intimate working knowledge of North American cultural and literary industries
- Meets challenges and adapts to rapidly changing environments
- Five years experience as a freelancer working with SEO and web-platforms
- Exceptional organizational and management skills
- Strong commitment to the writing community
- Extensive experience with PC and Apple products, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Acrobat
- Adept with all aspects of social media and blogging, as well as web-based applications such as Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, WordPress, and Tumblr
- Interviewed variety of prominent cultural contributors such as Eddie Izzard, Paul Langlois, Scott Adsit, John Lutz, James Adomian, Chris Kluwe, David Costabile, Patrick Burke, Jason Isaacs, Matthew Zapruder, Gabe Polsky, Christina Kahrl, Dave Zirin, Moshe Kasher, Adam Blanshay, Mike Ward, and others.
Guest Host, CJAD’s The Exchange and TSN 690’s The Kaufman Show, Montreal: 2012 – 2014
- Guest hosted current affairs program.
- Helped book guests.
- Assisted in producing show.
Co-Host and Producer, Kaufman & Spry Podcast, Montreal: 2013 – 2014
- Co-hosted and produced current affairs and cultural discourse podcast.
- Designed show and programmed music.
- Booked guests.
Guest/Writer, MTV’s PLAY with AJ, Montreal: 2013 – 2014
- Assisted in design of “30 Seconds of Fame” concept.
- Appeared as a panellist.
- Wrote and voiced video essays.
Associate Director, Summer Literary Seminars, Montreal: 2013 –
- Develops new programs an initiatives
- Oversees staff and budgets
- Liaises with faculty, guests, publishers, editors, media, and agents.
Instructor, Concordia University Continuing Education Department, Montreal: 2014 –
- Leads students through exercises and discussion of writing, community, and their own work.
- Designs, assigns, and evaluates assignments.
- Leads workshops of students’ writing.
Freelance Writer and Editor: 2011 –
- Writes and edits a variety of content: corporate newsletters, journalism, humour columns, film and television reviews, sports, fiction, poetry, creative non-fiction, ad copy, interviews, and more for a wide array of clients including IndieWire, TSN, MTV, Reader’s Digest, Jade Maple, Playboy, National Post, Toronto Star, Snare Books, Insomniac Press, and others.
Programs Director, Summer Literary Seminars, Montreal: 2008 – 2011
- Planned, staffed, and managed literary programs in Kenya, Lithuania, and Montreal.
- Developed curricula for two-week university credit Creative Writing and English courses.
- Liaised with faculty, guests, participants, publishers, editors, media, and agents.
- Developed courses for indigenous students at international literary programs.
- Established, implemented, and maintained budgets.
Managing Editor, Matrix magazine, Montreal: 2007 – 2009
- Drafted grant requests for the Canada Council, CALQ, Heritage Canada, and Arts Montreal
- Edited, copyedited, and assisted in design of issues, and curated reading series.
- Liaised with Concordia University faculty and administration to formalize relationship.
- Editor, Squarehead, by Brian Davis, Insomniac Press, 2015
- Editor, Marc Emery: Drug Dealer or Political Prisoner?, by Michael Wagner & Peter Jaworksi, Toronto: Ludvig von Mises Institute of Canada, 2013
- Editor/Advisor, Lafayette Parish by Marty Sartini Garner, Concordia MA Thesis, 2011
- Editor/Advisor, Pants, No Underwear by Brian Davis, Concordia MA Thesis, 2011
- Editor, The Taste of Penny by Jeff Parker, Snare Books/Dzanc, 2009
- Copy Editor, Short Accounts of Tragic Occurrences by Nick McArthur, DC Books, 2009
- Editor, Strike One: September 9th, A. R. Rowan, unpublished
- Copy Editor, the small blue by Jay Millar, Montreal: Snare Books, 2007
- Copy Editor, Thumbscrews by Nathalie Zina Walschots, Montreal: Snare Books, 2007
- Copy Editor, FAKE MATH by Ryan Fitzpatrick, Montreal: Snare Books, 2007
- Copy Editor, Taking Names by Hillary Rexe, Montreal: WithWords Press, 2007
FULL LENGTH PUBLICATIONS
- Bourbon & Eventide, poetry, Invisible Publishing, Halifax/Toronto: 2014
- Cheap Throat: Diary of a Locked-Out Hockey Player, co-writer, Toronto: Found Press, 2013
- Working Up the Bottle, novel, MA Thesis, Montreal: Concordia University, 2011
- Distillery Songs, short fiction, Toronto: Insomniac Press, 2011
- JACK, poetry, Montreal: Snare Books, 2008
AWARDS and RECOGNITION
- National Magazine Awards Judge, 2012 – present
- ReLit Award shortlist, 2012
- QWF Mentor Program Advisor, 2010
- Journey Prize longlist, 2010
- QWF A.M. Klein Prize for Poetry Finalist, 2009
- Expozine Best English Book Finalist, 2008
- Master of Arts in English Literature and Creative Writing, 2011, Concordia University
- Bachelor of Arts in English Literature and Creative Writing, 2007, Concordia University