1. The thing is, we disagreed about Roman Polanski.
And timing. And the Designated Hitter.
2. She liked to come home and announce:
“I’m starving, do we have any gin?”
and finish our arguments with:
“but, baby, it’s not condescending
if I’m smarter than you.”
3. I thought I was a manic depressive,
but it turns out I just ate too much cheese.
And I was a manic depressive.
4. At her friend’s Halloween party,
where an obstetrician was dressed as a pediatrician,
she whispered: “sex shouldn’t be ironic,”
and was dressed as a girl I love.
5. It was 11:34 in the afternoon,
and I had said all the right things.
I live vicariously through myself.
3 Links & a Tune
- K, The Rumpus posted this, but it’s awesome so I stole it. Go to this brewery’s site and click on “Under 21.” Amazing.
- Cellos normally don’t do it for me. I like banjos and guitars for my strings. Fiddles, too. But this cello cover of Smells Like Teen Spirit is fairly cool.
- The talented ginger in poet’s glasses, Chuck Klosterman, on the late Jani Lane. Cherry Pie was an incredible tune when I was a kid. Then I understood the double entendre, and I felt used.